Our little Jebu is commonly known as the ‘carbon copy’ of her father. And she is. I feel that it is true especially when she is the the crankiest of all times. Yes, then I would say she is exactly like her father. ?
I have heard my hubby was a small sized baby when he was born but the most notorious kid of his locality. Like wise, Jebu is also a small sized toddler but thankfully not as notorious as her father. So her dietician has suggested a high calorie diet for her. Making her follow that high calorie diet burns almost all the calories in my body. It is a himalayan task to make the kiddo consume atleast half of what is suggested for her. Eggs, especially the egg yolk have to be given every day as per the diet. The kiddo eats just the white and mash away the yolk on anything that sits next to her regardless of whether it is a toy or her father. When this became a habit I thought of an idea to make her eat the whole egg without hesitation. This is what it turned out to be. And it became so popular in our family that all of us started eating this during weekends for breakfast. ?
This is nothing new as everyone knows to make egg and cheese. But in case if you forgot, this is a humble reminder ?
You will need:
- Egg- 1
- Cheese slice- 1/2 a cheese slice.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder or any other seasoning.
- A little each of finely chopped onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes(optional)
Beat the egg. Add enough salt. If you wish to add the chopped veggies, add them now and beat together nicely.
- In a non stick sauce pan, add the egg at once.
- Place half a cheese slice completely immersed in the egg mixture when it is still runny. Cook covered on the first side.
- Flip to the other side. Season with pepper powder or any other seasoning.
- Serve with bread toast.
Here I have made the simplest version. Simple cheesey eggs, we just love them!