This is an easy evening snack. My brother loves them. But I do not have much interest in such deep fried snacks. My amma makes them so crisp and flavorful. Last week when she said that she made some for tea, I heard a little noise inside my ears yelling at me to try making some for the next weekend. With little interest as I do not like to eat peanuts in any form, I accepted this challenge and tried making some. I just served them to the plate in the picture above and clicked a few snaps. That is the last thing I remember about them. Two pairs of hands, one big and the other so tiny grabbed it from the table and the rest is history.?
For this, you will need:
- Peanuts- raw or roasted, 1 cup
- Besan- 2 tbsp
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- Garlic- 5 cloves
- Curry leaves- a bunch
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp or more
- Fennel powder-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Sugar- A pinch.
- Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp or a little more.
- Salt to taste
- Water- to sprinkle.
- Oil for deep frying
- Microwave the peanuts for one minute. Stir and repeat on microwave for one more minute.
- Let it cool down completely. Otherwise, it will be soft.
- Put all the ingredients except peanuts, water and oil in a blender. Pulse it few times and make sure that the garlic is crushed well and mixed with the other ingredients. You can use the garlic with skin.
- Mix the contents of the blender with the peanuts. Sprinkle water little by little with simultaneous mixing so that the mix coats over the peanuts. It just needs to stick on the peanuts and should not be too soggy.
- Deep fry the peanuts in hot oil.
- Strain and serve with some piping hot tea.