Okay! So this is going to be a very quick recipe. There is nothing much to prepare and almost all the ingredients are store bought as such. I was quiet confused when I made this for the first time. So, I thought I will post this just to give the first timers an idea on how to get this done.
We need BBQ sauce to make this recipe. I have added an alternative to this sauce for those who do not have the sauce at the moment. But, if you still prefer smokey wings, keep up the spirit and wait until you get the original BBQ sauce.
All you need is just few ingredients. Here they are!
- Chicken wings, middle part- 6
- BBQ sauce, original- 1 1/2 tbsp for marination.
- Salt to taste
- Homemade ginger garlic paste (2 cloves garlic 1 inch ginger)
- Pepper powder to taste.
- Vegetable Oil/ melted butter- 1 tsp
- Marinate the chicken wings with the BBQ sauce,salt, and the juice extracted from the ginger garlic paste and keep covered in the fridge for minimum 3 hours.
- In a nonstick pan, heat oil and place the wings one by one. Keep on low flame, cook covered on one side. Flip to the other side and roast until golden brown(cook the second side uncovered).
- If you have a microwave oven, then microwave the marinated chicken pieces on high for 4 minutes. Once cooked, fry on both sides in a pan with some oil until golden brown on each sides.
- In the same pan, add the remaining marination if any. Add a tsp of water to it and thicken the contents by boiling. Pour over the BBQ roasted wings. This step is optional.
- Season with pepper powder.
- Serve hot.
Nothing really substitutes the smokey flavour of BBQ sauce. And this sauce is commonly available in stores nowadays. But in case if you do not get some, here is a substitute for BBQ sauce which you may try. For that, you will need:
- Soysauce- 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Honey-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1/4 tsp.
Use this in place of the BBQ sauce and follow the same method.
There were just 6 pieces on the serving plate. It was so tastey and we even forgot to give little Jebu her fair share of chicken wings?. I should definitely make some more next time. Try it and you will love it too.
looks sooo yummilicious!!!
Thank you jasmy. It was so yummy. Give it a try one day.:)