This is one of our family’s favourite evening snacks. The lip smacking taste and goodness of all the veggies and the marination makes them irresistable. I make them of different kinds depending upon the availability of ingredients in my pantry. Vegetarians can use paneer and non vegetarians can use chicken to make these skewers. Either way, it is a treat to your tastebuds. This goes very well as an appetizer.
You need to have skewers for making these chaps. I have used the small ones. Big skewers make them look more professional and appealing especially when you throw a party. The preparation is quiet simple and the method is easy as well. Do give it a try one day.
You will need:
- Paneer / boneless chicken- 20 bite size cubes.
- Red bell pepper- 2cm square pieces, 20 pieces
- Green/ Yellow bell pepper- 2cm square pieces, 20 pieces
- Red onion- chopped as bite sized square pieces, 20 pieces.
- Pine apple- 20 pieces
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala/ Chat masala- 1/4 tsp
- Sugar- 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yoghurt- 1/2 cup
- Besan- 1 tbsp, this prevents the skewers from sticking to the pan.
- Lime juice- 1/2tsp optional
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri methi leaves- a pinch(optional)
- Oil- 1/2 tsp
You may skip or add more veggies according to your taste preference and availability. Paneer/chicken, Bell pepper and onion cannot be avoided.
- Mix up all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge for minimum 4 hours.
- Take the skewers, arrange the different veggies one after other on each of them.
- In a tawa( non-stick pan) add some oil and shallow fry the skewers on all sides until it is cooked.
- If you have a grill option in your oven, it would be great if you use that for grilling these skewers.
- Serve hot.