I am on the HUMBLE mode while drafting this post. Because, I have done not many experiments with pasta. Jebu is a BIG fan of pasta and what I make for her is just some pasta in a cheesy soup because she is a big fan of soft cheese. For her, it is a no veggie pasta for she finds it difficult to pick and throw them every time ?. She just hates any veggie in it and so I don’t add any.
I have had pasta from the famous Pastamania. But I am not flattering myself when I say my tastebuds were comforted better by my version when compared to the branded one. May be because I prefer the rich flavors when compared to the smooth ones. But whoever tasted turned out with a real thumbs up for this. Again, I am not sure if this is the proper way to make a pasta dish but I can assure you that if you give it a try, you will never regret. It was a wonderful, filling and nutritious dinner we had it that day.
- Boneless chicken fillet- 250 grms chopped to bite sized pieces
- Cooked pasta- 3 servings
- Shallots- 3 numbers chopped to thin circles
- Garlic- 5 cloves chopped very finely.
- Milk-1/4 cup
- Your favorite veggies sliced to bite sized pieces- 1/2 cup or more.
- Cheese slices- 2
- Salt to taste
- Tomato ketchup-1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder to taste
- Any italian seasoning
- Butter- 1 stick
- Cook pasta in boiling water with little salt. Strain the cooked pasta. Keep aside.
- In a pan, melt some butter and caramelise shallots and garlic.
- Add the chicken pieces and stirfry until cooked. Add enough salt.
- Add the veggies and stirfry until they start becoming soft. Add the tomato ketchup now.
- Pour in milk and add the cheese slices. Let the cheese melt into the mixture.
- Add pepper powder and the Italian seasoning. Keep boiling until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- If you like a soupy pasta, adjust the sauce consistency by adding more milk. Here I have made dry.
- Adding a few drops of oil while cooking pasta prevents it from sticking to each other.
- Adding lemon zest while making the sauce will give a refreshing flavour to the pasta.
- Serve immedietly as the cheese may thicken on cooling.
- Vegetarians may make the veggie cheesy pasta by omiting chicken from this recipe. Adding a little vegetable broth with the veggies will give a great taste to this pasta.