Kappa & meen curry! This combo can even stop another world war, isn’t it? I think almost all non vegetarian malayalees would fall for this. In my amma’s words, ‘ nalla venna polathe kappa’ is almost every one’s favourite. As I have already added the recipe for meen curry (fish curry), I must put this lovely pair too. This kappa kootan is so easy to make. To all my fellow kappa lovers out there!
- Fresh Tapioca- 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt to tase
- Grated coconut-3/4 cup
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli- 2 medium spicy.
- Curry leaves, mustard seeds, dry red chillies and coconut oil for seasoning
How to prepare this:
- Cook the tapioca chunks in water after adding salt. Strain the cooked tapioca and keep aside. (Cook in a closed pan or pressure cook upto 1 whistle or 2 whistles maximum.)
- Make a fine paste of grated coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies and turmeric with little water in a blender.
- In a pan, pop mustard seeds in hot coconut oil. Add curry leaves and dry red chillies.
- Add the coconut mixture and saute for a while in low flame until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the cooked tapioca and mash with the back of a ladle. Here, I have mashed to a very fine consistency. You can just mash roughly, if you like to bite on them. Your wish. ?
The fish curry, I have made the same way like mulakitta tuna curry. But just the fish(sardines/ chaala) is different here. So I have finally done justice to my fish curry post by adding this kappa(tapioca) curry post!