My amma is an expert in cooking non vegetarian dishes. But, if you tell her you like something she made one day, she will make it continuosly for atleast a week until we start screaming, “No amma, NOT AGAIN”!
My brother is very lucky to eat all the non vegetarian dishes which amma prepares as he is also in Kochin. My hubby and me get a chance to eat those mouthwatering delicacies only during vacation. So, when she makes mutton liver roast, my brother will eat only less as he is almost bored after eating too much for the rest of the year. So, during lunch we( hubby and myself) will take the whole pan to the table so that we can eat as much as we want and finish it off right there.
As I have started the blog now, I conviniently took the pan first to a room and closed it to click the pictures. By the time I went to take the dried chillies and pepper to spread on the background, my hubby creeped in somehow and started popping in the liver pieces one by one. He tempted me to taste some and finally he had to stop me as more than half was eaten up by us and the pictures were not yet taken.?
So here it is.. The ingredients:
- Chopped mutton liver-500gms
- Chopped onions-3 medium size
- Chopped tomato- 1 medium size
- Chopped green chillies-2
- Crushed ginger- 2 inch piece.
- Crushed garlic- 7 cloves
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder-1tbsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper powder- 1/2 tsp or less.
- Curry leaves and oil for seasoning
Method of preparation:
- Pour 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Saute ginger and garlic followed by onions, tomatoes and liver pieces. Add salt to taste.
- Add turmeric powder, 1/2tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, coriander powder and pepper powder.
- Add water just to the same level of the liver pieces. Cook upto 2 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the curry leaves, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala followed by the cooked ingredients.
- If there is more water, reduce the gravy by boiling the ingredients without the lid in low flame.
- Dry roast and serve.
This is my lunch for the day. Did anybody drool now? ?
If you eat mutton liver, try eating it this way. You will never regret.